Saturday, February 6, 2016

Happiness, Hope, and Love

February 1, 2016

Hola Familia y Amigos!!

As a district leader I love doing baptismal interviews for the people who are ready to take a new step of faith in their lives.  For example, Saturday I interviewed a boxer who told me that five years ago he tore up his Bible, threw the cross around his neck out the window, while screaming all the while that God didn’t exist. But then listening to the missionaries in the house of his girlfriend, he felt his heart radiate a warmth--like a blanket was wrapped around his being. He told us, "This is what I need in my life--happiness, hope, and love."

As far as our success, my companion Elder R. was sick this week, but we managed to squeeze in a couple of visits and a new couple to teach.  The husband told us, " I was baptized in the Mormon church so I know how it all works." "Ok, so could you explain to your wife Joseph Smith's story?"  "Who?" I guess a little review is needed :)

I did have a slap in the face that has served me well.  These past few weeks, maybe because of the increasing heat or lack of success, I’ve been feeling frustrated and complaining about it to my companion. It is good to have companions who tell you like it is, since I hadn’t realized I had been doing that. Well, the wicked take the truth to be hard, but I prayed for help and I’ve seen a difference in how I feel.  I was the one who needed the attitude adjustment. Good thing we have individuals in our lives who set us on the straight path even when we protest that we are on dead center.

We are hoping to have four baptisms this month, which gives me the strength to keep walking :)

Everything is awesome,

Elder Phillips


No comments :

Post a Comment