Saturday, February 6, 2016

Fishers Of Men…And Of Fish

January 18, 2016

Hola,

This morning we went with a member family to the rocky pelican shores to fish using a plastic pipe, a bit of string, and a bite of guppy meat.  Somehow I managed to snare a 4 incher within 20 min.  Guess my mission has taught me how to be a better fisher of sorts :P

Our other young man who didn’t leave on vacation came to church again, this time in a nice shirt and pants.  The bishop suggested he became more acquainted with the other young adults in Sunday school class.  Thinking it was a good idea we came into the class, which was talking about Lehi's tree of life vision--forgetting that we had just barely explained the Book of Mormon.  "What tree are they talking about?  When did Joseph Smith write about this?" were some of his questions.  Maybe we will stick to the gospel principles class from now on.

In my studies this week I discovered that Christ, when he chose to, died of a heart rupture--both fulfilling a prophecy and poetically showing his extreme sorrow for the wickedness of his people.  The more I learn about Christ the more I love him and see him as a real person who loves me ;)

Everything is awesome,

Elder Phillips










Caught one!

My comp too!






No comments :

Post a Comment