Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Teach the Gospel Anywhere, Como Sea

March 14, 2016

Hola,

A much better week walking wise :) My feet are thankful for that.

We found out that the lady at the bread place we go to sometimes is a less active member, so we passed by on Monday to meet her husband. "Yes of course you can share with us, but the backroom is filled with flour and dough so we can’t." One minute later we were holding rags amidst clouds of white powder scrubbing away.  Twenty minutes later we were talking about Christ.

A young man from our ward who is serving his mission in Argentina has a 17-year-old brother who isn’t a member. His family is extremely Catholic--saints and all.  We showed him the restoration video in his garage on a TV that right next to it had a 5 foot statue of a local saint I’ve never even heard of.  During the video my eyes kept shifting from the TV to the statue just waiting for them to turn to life and battle it out.  The restored gospel won!  He accepted to be baptized :)

As I will be home in 6 months--yikes, it was fitting that the ward invited us to the homecoming of another missionary who just returned from his mission this week.  I had a great fear it would give me a trunkee attack, but it surprisingly did the opposite.  It made me realize how little time I have left to spend my days making a difference in people’s life for eternity.

Sunday we enjoyed a transmission via satellite from Elder Nelson (president of our church’s quorum of 12 apostles) to all of Chile.  The biggest surprise was that he spoke to us in Spanish. What?  I had no idea he knew Spanish.  His talk was something we heard at the last conference--keep the commandments. It must be important :P

Have a great week, because you all know…

Everything is awesome,

Elder Phillips

The District

Fell asleep waiting to leave for the day--haha


No comments :

Post a Comment