Sunday, April 24, 2016

Deserted Desert Beaches

April 18, 2016

Hola familia y amigos,

My mom has told me I have a defect/strength: when I really want something, I am very persistent about it—I don’t give up until I get it.  That wonderful ability kicked in a little this week when no one signed up for our Saturday lunch with the members.

We have a less active boy who is coming back to church and since there aren’t any other jovenes (youth) we called another less active family with a boy the same age.  I asked the mom when we could come over. They are very busy and are only in the house together at lunchtime. Perfect!  So in a way I invited us over for lunch to have the two less active boys meet.  It worked and we were able to hit three birds with one stone: youth interaction, sharing with the family, and lunch!

My companion has just three more weeks in his mission life so I’m trying to keep him from the edge before he jumps off.  lol  And even though we had lots of lessons fall through this week, a really cool thing happened.

Walking around at 4:00 pm with no one on the streets we passed by a door right as it opened, and a woman popped out.  "Oh! Are you looking for me?” "Ummmm, yes."  “Well come back tomorrow."  We came back and her mom opened the door.  She didn’t seem that interested at first but suddenly her demeanor changed and she let us in.  Her son isn’t baptized in any church so she wanted to have him come and learn how to be baptized. Ok!

Sunday morning the mom, dad, and son came to church by themselves! Feeling worried for them possibly feeling uncomfortable in a new place, it was a huge miracle that the dad works with one of the members in the branch, and the investigator of the sister missionaries who is going to get baptized in two weeks is one of the son’s best friends. Small world.

So good things are happening. Oh, and we were the only ones on the beach today since the water is contaminated. Good thing we can’t swim anyway!! haha

Everything is awesome and getting awesomer,

Elder Phillips

The Zone


Selfie

Our New Friend



Just Me And The Whole Beach



No comments :

Post a Comment